View Single Post

Old 03-27-2017, 08:13 PM

Liked 148 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo99 View Post
Just did one on Saturday, I was installing a free floating forearm. My friend didn't trust one that came with the unit, he didn't trust the two allen screws . I had to Grind down the Stock front sight, between sticking it in the already bolted down vise, clamping it with my vise barrel attachment, opening the cabinet door, plugging in my Dewalt grinder, A quick measure, a easy cut, and a smooth finish, Probably took all of two maybe two and a half minutes. The great thing about this was no need to knock out the gas tube pin, nor remove the flash hider. I personally would have changed out the gas block in this particular situation, but for the rugged use my friend has in mind, a cut down stock front sight with two pins was his choice.
I think I get you now. I'm having to grind the thing down to where its nearly rounded off at top and bottom with no flanges. At least I did to fit the top of it up in the BCM rail. This will be for a Midwest G3 so I doubt there will be much room in that top channel on this one either.