View Single Post

Old 03-28-2017, 03:16 PM

Liked 369 Times in 157 Posts

My eyes no longer allow me to shoot well with iron sights. A couple of years ago I started switching to red dots -- first the tube type and now the reflex type. I am shooting much better and enjoying it more as a result.

I like the Burris FastFire 3 on medium to high recoil handguns. For my 22 RF handguns I have been using inexpensive "Vector Optics Sphinx" green dot reflex sights. They have the same footprint as the Burris FastFire so they fit on the same mounts.

Here is my 617 with my mount and the $55 Sphinx sight:

The Sphinx sight can have a couple of issues but they are easy to address. Since doing a couple of tricks and sighting in at 50' I have shot a couple of thousand rounds with it shooting off-hand. Yesterday I checked zero and shot from the bench putting three groups of 10 within 1.25" target dots at 50' -- the sucker held zero just fine.

Not sure the Sphinx would hold up to heavy recoil but I have recently put one on my Ruger Blackhawk 357 and it is doing well with medium loads thus far. The Sphinx is definitely not water proof. But for the price and based on my experience with them they are ok for general use.

Last edited by revolver_ph; 03-28-2017 at 03:19 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: