View Single Post

Old 03-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Banned

Liked 3,574 Times in 1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30remchester View Post
It is not as simple as the op stated for some of us. Two of my kids lived downstairs and one upstairs and all were on the opposite end of the house. I have never called the police it is not their problem, it is my problem. Found my door wide open and the lights on a year back. In this instance I had my wife take the car down the driveway and in position to leave the county if necessary. I grabbed my model 19 and checked the house. Nobody home and nothing missing. Still cant figure that one out. I always live in the countryside so things are different that urban dwellers. One night I heard what sounded like somebody trying to get in the kitchen window. My wife armed herself in bed and I crept out with my handgun to check out the problem. Just as I was reaching for the curtain to open it and confront the intruder, my foot got near one of my kids proximity toys, in this case a dog. For you that do not know what one of these is, they sit dormant till you get near then it lights up, starts yipping and scurries off. I dang near shot the coffee pot. The noise outside stopped but resumed in a minute or two. When the noise started again, I threw open the curtain and shown my light at the suspected intruded. What I saw was a mule deer buck scraping the velvet from his antlers on the side of my house. The joys of living in the woods.
This post says it all. No one choice for everybody........
The Following User Likes This Post: