View Single Post

Old 03-28-2017, 05:31 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default SD40VE brass Bulge

I have a new SD40VE that I just took to the range today. Overall I like the "feel" and it's accuracy outta the box. The Slide Stop is another issue. Don't know why S&W would make something so thin and "flat" that your thumb can't get much of a purchase to release the slide. I am now looking for an after market replacement that may look like a GLOCK release.

Now my REAL problem... inspecting the spent brass after only two 12 round mags fired I noticed a half moon bulge on one side at the base of ALL fired cases. I marked a round with a pencil and fired a test shot. The "bulge" was on the bottom. I then disassembled down to the barrel and inspected with a small flashlight. It appears that just in front of the "Feed Ramp" the Chamber is slightly "dished" out so there is no contact with the brass casing. At detonation the brass expanse forming the slight bulge. It extracts fine but the brass is now useless for reloading. The brass is SPEER in a 180gr load. I have a report into S&W but that is like 5 days away from a response.... Anyone else experience this prob????