View Single Post

Old 03-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

My Colt Mark IV/Series 70 in stainless. It has some handling marks. It's a shooter. That's what I bought it for. Had it a few years now. It actually no longer has the arched MSH on it...has a flat serrated one for the time being, but will end up with a flat stainless checkered one.

Funny thing about this pistol. I had one exactly like it. Never fired it and ended up selling it (and its baby brother .45 Defender, also NIB) to a guy in Tennessee. Then, just a month or two later I think, I turned right around and bought this one. I just couldn't be without a Colt Government 1911. Just couldn't.

This pistol will be undergoing some changes in the next couple of months. If all goes as planned, it'll look a bit different next time you see it. Nothing major, but it'll be noticeable. Cosmetic stuff only, by the way...no "accurizing", no fancy match barrels and bushings, no trigger work, no polishing to make it "fit together better". Frankly, it doesn't need any of that stuff. It does what it was made to do just fine.

The holster was custom made for me by Alan Palomba of Wylie, Texas. It's based on an old Al Stohlman design.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45.jpg (82.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 46.jpg (56.9 KB, 35 views)
The Following 5 Users Like Post: