View Single Post

Old 03-28-2017, 07:47 PM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

You're forgiven, and made a great choice in plastic. I agree, the PX4 line from Beretta is excellent. I don't care for the sub-compact though.

I have the PX4 compact 9mm, made in Italy (not all are), and it's like the 'goldi-locks' gun of the bunch. Perfect size, easily concealable, great fit and feel in my hand, and it has the awesome 'rotating' barrel system, which I firmly believe makes it more accurate. I can always chew the bullseye out with it. Plus, the compact can take the full size versions mag, up to 21 rounds in 9mm.

The sub-compact lacks the rotating barrel and won't take the full size mags. The other line is the CX4, Beretta's AR type rifle, which will take the same PX4 mags. Then there is the TX4 line which is the tactical shotgun. I don't have either of those, but am really thinking of getting the CX4.

I bought my compact the very first month they came out, but had no idea it was just released. It has a really low serial number. The first run had an overly strong recoil spring and wouldn't cycle cheap ammo, only NATO or +P ammo would cycle reliably in mine. The supposed fix was to run 1000rds through it to loosen it up. Well, about 800rds of Winchester NATO later, Beretta put out a 'recall' notice and issued a new lighter spring to all guns that fell within a certain range. I actually keep the original stiff one in my gun because I shoot stout rounds and it works great.

I also have mine bone stock. Wouldn't mind getting the new spring to lighten the DA pull, but I have pretty much quit carrying it and only carry revolvers now. The factory decocker 'ears' don't bother me either. Over-all, it's a nicely designed gun. External hammer, SA/DA, safety de-cocker. It was $150 less than any Glock, but is about 100x sexier.

I will never get rid of mine, it's the only auto I own.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: