View Single Post

Old 03-30-2017, 09:51 AM

Liked 1,845 Times in 837 Posts

Being newer to this hobby of mine (and gun ownership in general), I'm still forming my opinion on all of this. I get the rights given to us, and on the flip side i see people at the range who are carrying on their person, not bringing their gun in a case who shoot only a few rounds and struggle to hit the target. A permit won't make them a better/safer shot, but training could.
When living in SC I was going to get my permit down there, but moved back to WI before that happened so picked up my permit here. I can say what SC requires is far more involved than what WI does.

Where I stand now, is that I will do what is right for me. I believe that regardless of my right to carry, I also have a responsibility to be safe and knowledgeable when doing so.
Meaning before I begin to carry in public, I will make sure I am comfortable with all aspects that go with it and take the training I feel would help that cause.
As i learned doing some police scenarios in a simulator recently while in a citizen's pd academy; my being a decent shot on paper targets means nothing when put in a situation that is revolving and changing.

Of course, just my .02
The Following User Likes This Post: