View Single Post

Old 03-31-2017, 07:52 AM

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
Since people prohibited from posesing firearms, are already prohibited from possesing firearms, the debate primarily is over mandatory training.

This issue should not be a mystery, we already know the answers.
The country can roughly be divided into three catagories : 1. Those with no training ( either ConCarry, or no training CCW) 2. Those with a vague , generalized Training requirements , that will be satisified by virtually anything , up to a DD214 from WWII. 3. Those with specific mandated class, given from specifically by state licsensed Instructor.

And the frequency of bystanders being shot accidently or improperly have no difference between catagories, and for that matter round to essentially zero in all.

( FWIW, I am firm believer in effective skills, and useful knowledge. The level that I feel a wise person should have exceedes every state requirement, and most LE agencies. And I encourage everyone to pursue such knowledge and skills of their own volition, in the manner that works best for them.)

I see great damage done in ( various jurisdictions) by low information, stupid voters. Worldwide, religion is huge cause of death and destruction. But don't want mandatory gov't education and prior restraint to vote, attend St Marys, speak to people, write letters or emails, read books of my choosing, or look at the unfiltered internet.

Yeah, yeah, but guns are different because they are *dangerous* ? I dunno, it's hypothetical that someone could walk into the local Do It Best ( buying group for independent hardware stores, similar to True Valuel , buy a chainsaw or skill saw, and cut their hand off 30sec later. But they rarely do because most people either : Already know how to use them. Ask their friends, neighbors, relatives, and mentors how to do the repair/ improvement projects. Or as last resort, read directions and other independent instructional material.

A local experienced full time Instructor asks all his students taking the Utah CCW class, and in more than 10yrs is yet to have a student without shooting experience.
Very true. Well said.