View Single Post

Old 03-31-2017, 10:26 AM
US Veteran

Liked 689 Times in 329 Posts

I hate to a really long thread where we mostly agree, but that never stopped me before :-)

I am originally from Baltimore, but moved out of Maryland (where getting a CCW is almost impossible) to NC 15 years ago. I am willing to bet that if the Baltimore City Police were allowed to stop and frisk, they would find 80% of those in the streets after dusk were illegally carrying and would be even if there was CCW in Baltimore. They'd be illegal, not only because they don't have a permit, they'd be illegal because they were also carrying drugs or were under the influence of some substance or were felons or had mental health histories or ________ (fill in the blank with any of the wrong answers to questions on the federal ATF form).

Almost everyone is armed EXCEPT law abiding citizens who should be able to get a CCW. I'm sure the same is true in Chicago and many other places.

Violating the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens by denying them the right to bear arms doesn't stop criminals from carrying!