View Single Post

Old 03-31-2017, 02:38 PM

Liked 4,674 Times in 2,062 Posts

I have a Mossy 500 tricked out for home defense and I was wondering just the other day is the safety on when the knob is pushed forward or pulled backward. It is mag is fully loaded with also one chambered 00 buck. The gun sits in an unlocked gun cabinet in the front bedroom walk in closet.

I also have a Kimber 45 acp in my night stand that has a fully loaded magazine. I have two loaded 38/357 revolvers in the front bedroom where the shot gun is also.

I have two dogs both of which would wake me up, hopefully before the intruder gets in the house. My plan is get my Kimber in my hand with the cell phone and get to the front bedroom for the additional firepower. Call 911 while standing in position with guns aimed at the doorway to the room.
The mossy has an attached 1500 lumen light and the Kimber has a Crimson Trace laser red dot.

Now that I think about it I should move the gun cabinet to the master bedroom walk in closet. Yep that will be todays task at hand.

Contrary to many reports about going deaf after shooting inside a house I know first hand that didn't happen when I shot a 9mm S&W model 59 in my house. I was actually very surprised my ears weren't ringing and really were not affected by the gunshot. Perhaps being in a smaller area the contents absorbed the cracking sound of the 9mm. Yep the incidence was due to my head up where the sun don't shine. Known also as a D.A.D. Missed my arm by inches.

I one time had shot a 9mm outside maybe three times without hearing protection and my hearing sounded like hearing through a seashell for a week afterward. So I don't worry about going deaf from shooting inside the house. One was dramatic on my hearing and the other was no problem.
Time to move the gun cabinet and shoot the Mossy for practice.