Old 04-01-2017, 12:00 PM

Liked 2,940 Times in 1,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Whittakers....all Shield platforms...299

9mm....380....45acp

Plus the rebate....your out 225+ shippin

My 3 were 30 bucks so Im guessin 10 for each

You guys enjoy....sorry to the crew who bought recently.
I had a Shield .45 in my cart last night for $349, and waited until this morning to complete the order. Got caught up with kid stuff this morning and when I went to check out my cart, I saw them marked down to $299! I was so excited, until I saw that they are sold out! Thanks guys... ;0 Oh well, you snooze, you lose!

So, I went on Slickguns and found another deal, for $349 with free shipping (gunbuyer.com), and pulled the trigger. Not too bad, the price delta, minus the $16 in shipping that Whittaker would have charged, is just $33 more...

I'm still bummed about paying $320 shipped for a Shield 9mm a week and a half ago. You think S&W will honor any rebates that are a week before April 1?

I do feel bad for the local dealers, but I give them plenty of business normally. My local guys, with decent prices, had the .45 Shield for $430 OTD, and another was $430 + tax. That's a big difference in price from the Online deals this time. I don't mind paying a little bit more to keep it local, but when it gets around $50 more, I start to consider options, at $100 more it's a no-brainer...