Thread: SD9VE issues?
View Single Post

Old 04-01-2017, 06:32 PM

Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts
Default SD9VE issues?

I just got back out my SD9VE after setting in the gun case for a spell, when I first purchased back about 3-4 yrs ago I think, it was about the time S&W just released this model of pistol.
Well I took it to the range today, shot about 200 rounds out of it & couldn't figure out why when shooting at my steel plate using the same POA would hit the steel 6-8 times the suddenly the rounds would start to hit low. Then would start to hit everywhere else except where I was aiming.
But would load another mag & would shoot again 6-8 rounds then the same thing started over again. So I had another fellow range member shoot it also, he put about 100 rounds through it, ended up with the same results. Then another member tried it, same results.
Each & every one that shot this pistol today stated that there is something wrong with either the barrel or the recoil spring. The pistol also had really weak ejection issues. Had a few FTF issues also, I was like great I have to once again send this pistol back to S&W for repairs.
The first time I returned it, I had all kinds of problems. FTF, FTE, stove pipes, double feeds etc, you name it I had it. I even then had others shoot it & they had the some issues.
So just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with there SD9VE pistol. I hope that this time they either completely replace all the parts in the pistol or just issue me a new one.

Last edited by Shootingfun; 04-01-2017 at 06:34 PM.