View Single Post

Old 04-02-2017, 08:46 AM

Liked 53,098 Times in 16,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanewpadle View Post
Generations of men and women have defended themselves with firearms. Most but not all had some sort of training.

The tradition isn't as common today unfortunately. But the political climate isn't the same either. I agree that people need quality training. But at what cost to gun owners as a whole? Why do we need to give government more control over us? Can we not police ourselves?

And I would like to believe that we all started somewhere. Very few of us were high speed low drag operators the first time we picked up a gun. So because we are inexperienced, we shouldn't be allowed to own or carry a gun? If you answered that question truthfully, your answer probably took you back to the 2A, our roots, our beliefs, our freedom, our way of life.

I have been called an absolutist for my belief in the 2A. So be it. We cannot and should not tolerate any restrictions on gun ownership, how we carry, and where we carry.

If a gun owner screws up, there are plenty of laws on the books to deal with them. So why make it difficult for the rest of us because of the actions of a few?
You took the many words out of my mouth, thank you.

Count me as an "absolutist" as well.