Thread: Keltec P11
View Single Post

Old 04-02-2017, 03:12 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,344 Times in 1,110 Posts

For the money, they're not bad. I had a P-11 for a while back in 2009 (and a PF-9). Any holster that works for a G-26 will work for a P-11.
At the time, The PF-9 was the only Lightweight Subcompact 9mm Single-Stack and I actually front pocket carried the PF-9 for 3 yrs before the Shield came out.

The biggest Plus for the P-11 and PF-9 is the weight. The biggest Drawback (for me anyway) is the perceived recoil. They were NOT fun to shoot, so on range day, I'd shoot them just enough to maintain my proficiency, then round out the session with my other pistols.

Shooting newbies, who don't seem to know the difference between True (revolver style) DAO and Striker Fire triggers, always seem to want to try and turn a P-11's 8-10lb trigger into a 3-4lb (SA/Striker) trigger.

Also... They only have a 5K round Life Span, but if you're the original owner, KT CS will replace any/all worn parts (including the frame [issuing a new #]) for the cost of shipping it to them. Even if you're not the original owner, they have a very reasonable flat fee for refurbishing.

Even though I never had ANY problems with either my P-11, or PF-9, I eventually replaced the P-11 with a G26 and the PF-9 with my Shield.

Last edited by RobzGuns; 04-02-2017 at 03:14 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: