View Single Post

Old 04-02-2017, 03:54 PM

Liked 7,731 Times in 2,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykinlp View Post
Thanks for your input Red. I never would have thought that Heiser would put one out every year and adding 7 to the number makes sense since they surely started with number 1. I would have thought they would put one out every few years with a "price change page" the years they did not put out a new one. Maybe that is what Myres did.

I would love to see pictures of early (1920's - 1930's) Heiser or Myres catalogs. Maybe some forum members have some of these!
It goes a bit deeper than that: Hermann Heiser died in 1904, and around that time what were used before catalogues -- 'cabinet cards' -- lost ground to offset printing. It seems that the company reorganised under the sons, incorporated, even started into automobile sales and service -- HeiserService they called it -- and we deduce that the first catalogue came out in 1908 by starting from the Anniversary issues (also have the number, and the date) and working backwards.

The man who has it all, is turnerriver: Heiser, Myres, and more holster catalogues. He cooperated with a chap who did an entire book on Heiser; he tells me to his regret because the catalogue dating there, and holster numbering, is quite wrong.