View Single Post

Old 04-02-2017, 05:05 PM

Liked 18,128 Times in 2,528 Posts

Red, I liked hearing that I have it all and will just bask in that for the moment.
I do have a large collection of printed matter regarding gun leather but am still always looking. Here are some of my earliest actual catalogs, like Boykin mentioned, copies are readily available.
This is Heiser's number 19 catalog. Note the factory representative's stamp on the cover which matches the information on the order form. The customer dated the catalog and that matches the date on the order. I always pay attention to any paper found with old catalogs- dated envelopes, price lists, etc.

My earliest Myres catalog is dated 1931. The first photo shows the supplement and saddle advertisement that came with the holster catalog.

My earliest Lawrence catalog is 1938, it took me a long time to find it.

I wouldn't want to comment on Mrs. Peret's mode of dress as she appears to be well armed.
Last is a catalog showing a very young John Bianchi dated 1963 which was a long time ago.

I think manufacturer's literature is a great source of information as long as I keep in mind what Roy Jinks always says- they weren't making collectibles.
Regards,
turnerriver