View Single Post

Old 04-02-2017, 09:00 PM

Liked 7,746 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykinlp View Post
He definitely makes some nice holsters!

Red, what guns do you make the Threeperson's holster for?
Go my site to learn more (I can't post the link here). Short answer for now: the Threepersons that I make is an exact replica of Tom's personal SAA holster, so I build it only for that pistol and in 4-3/4" and in right hand and in brown Mexican carved; because that's how his was built. The purpose of the project: to preserve its construction as he had it made for him in Arizona by A.B. Egland in Douglas (where the world first heard of 'our' Tom as opposed to the Canadian Indian whose reputation at rodeo -- and perhaps even his name -- he expropriated.

I've toyed with building it for other pistols but I just can't get interested. Everyone makes the Myres version already, for SAs and DAs, and for Rugers; though not so much for the autos because they don't know what a Threepersons for autos looks like (hint: it's in the same 1931 Myres catalogue; it's even so-marked). When that happens it just becomes a maker's opinion of how it should be done, rather than how it would have been done a hundred years ago.