Thread: SD9VE issues?
View Single Post

Old 04-02-2017, 11:09 PM

Liked 1,134 Times in 521 Posts

Welcome to the Forum. (OP - Sorry for the thread drift in the next couple of posts).

The SW9VE is a very solid pistol, and a great value for the money. This forum has lots of info on the SW9VE, SW40VE, SD-9, SD-40, SD9VE, SD40VE, etc.

For an inexpensive laser light, you can find them on Ebay and elsewhere. I have a cheap one for my SD9 made by "NC Star" that took some time adjusting to align with the barrel/sights but works fine. I think some of them will clamp onto the proprietary rail on the SW9VE, but I'm not sure! Maybe somebody on the Forum has a recommendation on a model that will work. Most pistols now use the Picatinny Rail system, which is different from the rail on the SW9VE.

You can get an adapter so that your SW9VE will accept any laser that fits on a Picatinny Rail. See LASERLYTE SUB-MINI RAIL ADAPTER S&W SIGMA SW40VE - LLADPSIGM140

A high quality laser light can be bought from Crimson Trace and costs a lot more, but may be worth it if you decide this is something you plan to use as part of your self-defense set-up. Crimson Trace makes a model (MSRP $189.00) specifically for the SW9VE, the CMTLG406 CRIMSON TRACE LASERGUARD S&W SIGMA - CMTLG406

The old S&W police revolver -- a Model 10? -- makes a great momento. In their day, they were state of the art.

Last edited by S&W Rover; 04-04-2017 at 10:12 PM.