View Single Post

Old 04-03-2017, 08:22 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39,085 Times in 9,965 Posts

I live in Montana and have never worried about having a gun on the reservations here and I have not heard of any problems. Lots of highways cross native lands and people around here drive through them all the time with guns and having a gun in your car here, loaded or empty requires no permit. I would not recommend going into some of the more remote villages and hanging out gun or no gun. Most of the natives are great, but there is a percentage and here the list of reservations is long. How each one operates varies. My one step son ran an ambulance on one and carried. There was absolutely no mention of not caring on the reservations when I got my permit, I didn't have to go to a class, but as one was offered I did go to it. I have never heard of a problem with a white guy having a gun on the reservation. I go on several reservations quite a bit as my wife deals with legal issues related to child abuse and some of the kids are natives. The tribe does get involved in that. I don't hang out on any of the reservations for any other reason. I do spend a lot of time close to the Northern Cheyenne reservation as my brother lives right beside it. He knows lots of Cheyennes and has gone to various ceremonies etc with them. He has never said squat to me about taking guns on the res except to keep the truck locked up.

I would say if you stay on the highways your fine. Watch out for loose horses though. Hit one of those and 16 owners might appear and want payed. Many of them are not to concerned about fences.

Last edited by steelslaver; 04-03-2017 at 08:32 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: