View Single Post

Old 04-03-2017, 07:29 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,549 Times in 556 Posts

BAM-BAM:

No, I wasn't singling anyone in particular out. Not especially paranoid (Although I'm prone to give a one-finger salute to my local NSA satellite up in the dark blue at least once a day.), no bunkers or body armor. Got a pack of killer cats that'd rip you to shreds if you had tuna sandwich on your breath, though.

I'm just too old and cranky to rely on the good intentions of others, especially noting that the vast majority wouldn't even offer you a cough drop if you flopped to the sidewalk because of a heart attack.

Ain't nobody helping you but you in most cases, unless you travel in a pack, or can afford bodyguards 24/7. I've always been aware of my surroundings and the people within that bubble when I'm out of my "fortress" here in the sticks. I've lived in a big city (Southside of Chicago), small towns, suburbs and country. People are no different anywhere... there are those who will take advantage in any setting. It's just a matter of population density and what someone might think is an opportunity. The "odds" drop because of that density, but the per capita of humans bent on other than good deeds remains pretty much an even deal.

I could cite examples from personal experience, and those of friends and acquaintances, but I doubt that it would matter much to those who live in a Mary Poppins world.

Just took a shower a little while ago and wasn't even carrying... but the XDs9 was right there on the vanity.