View Single Post

Old 04-03-2017, 07:54 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

I hear they are talking about passing a law that requires robbers and booglers and home invaders and such like to call and schedule their action. That way the home owner or person will have some idea that trouble is actually coming and can make whatever preparations they deem appropriate.

When I investigated vehicle crashes, I would have settled for a requirement that they could only occur during hours of daylight. I sure would have gotten a lot more uninterupted sleep if that had been the case. Unfortunately, the stuff that happens just happens when it happens. I have never been clairvoyant enough to know very much ahead of time when somebody is about to throw the manure in the fan. Because of that, I don't just carry when I think I might really need it. You've either got it on you where you can touch it with your hand or you don't. Just about all these events start out with the intended victim being way behind the curve. If that wasn't the case, the intended victim would then be the aggressor. I sure don't need to be any further behind than I already am!

Everybody has to figure out what they are comfortable with. That's OK with me. Just please don't accuse me or anyone else of being paranoid because they choose to go armed all the time. If you have the room to make up your own mind and make your own choice, then so do I. And neither one of us, if we have a lick of politeness about us, should ever denigrate anyone whose choice is different than our own. You are free to think it. But whether you say it or not is a choice. And it's a choice that says a great deal about you!!!

Last edited by kthom; 04-03-2017 at 07:58 PM.
The Following 16 Users Like Post: