View Single Post

Old 04-03-2017, 10:15 PM

Liked 52,812 Times in 16,465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBeagle View Post
No. The possibility that firearm used in lawful self-defense could be temporarily seized, held in evidence, and possibly mistreated by disinterested cops / evidence techs does not affect my carry choice. I carry everything from common Glocks to relatively rare or "high-end" Smith and Colt revolvers.

If one of my guns saves my life, it's resale value is of no concern because it's not going anywhere. Any battle scars it acquires along the way would just add character. As far as getting the gun back...I expect to get my gun back if it is used lawfully but understand that it may spend some time in an evidence locker.

On the other hand, I don't think about it very much. I've carried (on and off) for about 50% of my 42 years and never, not even once, had to pull or discharge a firearm in self-defense. Hope to keep that streak going. The thought of leaving my favorite guns at home causes more distress than the thought of having one seized temporarily. I really enjoy them for what they are, tools, as much as neat little machines, art.

**Note, if I have a few of a certain type of blued revolver...its the most "used" that is going into my sweaty waistband on a hot NC summer day, not the show piece.
Perfectly said. I'll carry what works, don't care if it's lost or taken.

Last edited by ladder13; 04-03-2017 at 10:16 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: