View Single Post

Old 04-04-2017, 12:12 AM

Liked 2,939 Times in 1,071 Posts

I live in a 'safe,' quiet, low crime area. However, there have been home invasion incidents in the surrounding area, and many in the city. Mostly during the day. One guy knocks on the front door, no answer results in the back door being kicked in...

Odds of it happening at MY house, probably very slim. Odds of me wishing I had my gun on me when it does happen, VERY high! If something like this were to happen, you really would not have time to go to another room, unlock your safe/box, retrieve weapon and be on point quick enough. These drug thugs know what areas have homes with valuable possessions, they do this 'for a living.' They are generally desperate, ruthless souls that have no regard for your life. Not a good combo.

This said, I really don't carry as much as I should. I've got kids, and having to be in and out of schools and school/sports activities makes it difficult to be consistent with carrying a weapon; thanks stupid, ineffective gun laws!

It is amazing how we tend to lulled into a false sense of security, especially in our homes, when in reality a lot of bad things happen every day. And, when they happen, they happen with very quickly, with no notice!