View Single Post

Old 04-04-2017, 07:06 AM

Liked 17,203 Times in 5,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrabbit000 View Post
They machined it wrong. When looking at the back of the gun on how the 3 parts the barrel, slide and frame line up, the barrel was sticking way out to the right. This made the barrel sit canted pointing to the left. It only took them nearly 3 years to replace it.
Please do not take this the wrong way, as it is NOT intended that way, but part of the problem may be in where you live. I've noticed in firearms and other goods, our northern neighbors get the short straw when it comes to customer service, not to mention pricing. Australia seems to suffer likewise. I don't have an explanation for this, other than possibly red tape.

Since I did mention price, I'll throw in this little story. Years ago, I was assigned to work sporadically in Toronto. While there, I visited a large book store and found a book printed in England. I was used to seeing books printed in the US priced one or more dollars more in Canada than in the US, but was surprised to see the one printed in England carrying a price for a few dollars more in Canada than the US price. At the time, the exchange rate between the US and Canada wasn't that much, so it appeared to be a case of the Crown taking advantage of their western cousins.