View Single Post

Old 04-04-2017, 02:19 PM

Liked 9,908 Times in 2,006 Posts

WARNING, GRAPHIC:

I spent my last six years in law enforcement as a crime scene investigator. I saw first hand what can happen when people are not prepared. One that sticks out in my mind is an elderly woman who was left at home with her 2 year old grand daughter when her husband went to the store for some milk. As he left, he noticed two teens in the parking lot of the apartments. He waved and they waved back. When he returned home he found his wife dead in the living room with her throat cut twice and some of her teeth on the floor. The grand daughter had thrown up on her feet. The punks had smacked the little girl, too. They got nothing and left. They were eventually caught, but not until they had robbed a hotel and shot the clerk.

For the most part, my family appreciates the fact that I carry and they all know that I usually do. On several occasions, when they felt uncomfortable about a situation, they asked me if I was carrying. They assumed that I was, but wanted the reassurance.

Despite all the efforts of liberals, this is not a kinder and gentler world. I prefer to live life facing reality, rather than in the "wouldn't it be nice if...." world.

Last edited by Shark Bait; 04-04-2017 at 02:39 PM.
The Following 18 Users Like Post: