View Single Post

Old 04-04-2017, 04:57 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

In Illinois when the police run your tag who ever it is registered to license shows .. and it does show if that person has a CCL .. I told my wife to make sure her hands are where they can be seen if ever stopped because they would think there is a weapon in the Jeep .. she doesn't have a CCL ..

The Sheriff who gave my CCL class said all of his people the first thing asked in a stop is if there are any weapons in the vehicle whether it shows on the plate or not .. and that should be the first thing said by the officer ..

I haven't been stopped in over 40 years so can not verify that !! I did have interaction with an officer when I was a witness to a car crash .. and told the officer I was carrying .. He said thanks for notifying and that was it .. later while waiting for a tow truck we started talking and he asked what I was carrying and some small talk about pistols .. said it was well concealed because he didn't pick up on it .. said he always looks at anyone approaching him .. I was carrying my Beretta PX-4 Sub Compact 9mm OWB @ 4:30 with a shirt/jacket as an outer cover garment ..