Thread: Rotation
View Single Post

Old 04-04-2017, 06:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

I have 3 carry pistols and one bug .. The Bug is a Sig P238 HD safety on the left side only .. My 3 carry pistols are different but much alike .. No safety .. no magazine safety .. 2 are DA/SA hammer fired and one striker fired .. trigger pull on the striker fired is just at 6# while the DA/SA one is 6.5/3.75 the other is 8/4 .. In shooting them I group them all at 10 shots at 30 feet under 2-3 inch groups .. fast shooting 2 to the body 1 to the head very easily in practice .. as are double taps .

Before changing my carry I will practice with it several times the week before carrying it .. My bug is carried cocked and locked in a pocket holster .. the only one with a safety I practice at home drawing and moving the safety off more then my other pistols just because it is different then the main carry pistols ..

But I don't have any trouble changing from one to another .. but I do practice weekly my draw and trigger pull at home beside the range work I do ..

EDIT : I rotate or change my carry pistol 2 to 3 times a year .. and occasionally with what I have to wear .. but that doesn't happen much any more since I am retired ..

Last edited by Whitwabit; 04-04-2017 at 06:03 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: