View Single Post

Old 04-05-2017, 12:53 PM

Liked 4,624 Times in 1,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunGuy69 View Post
One day I was doing car work at home, needed to go to the local parts store for some parts. I didn't have my gun on because I was under the car on a creeper. I figured a quick trip to the parts store would be okay, after all I had my edc knife on me, and all fairly capable of handling myself. Once I arrived at the parts store there was a very heated argument going on inside that made the hairs stand up on my neck. The manager was doing a horrible job of deescolating the situation by ignoring the two guys that where yelling, all the more making them upset. I decided it was a good idea to remove myself from the situation and left. That's the only time I have ever left my home not armed. It was a lesson well learned. Bad things happen when your least expect them, because most of us never expect it. I'm a little on the, as wife says, perinoid side,I prefer to think of it as prepared. If you're legally licensed, carry everyday everywhere that allows. Just my two cents...
I came to the conclusion long ago that trying to estimate when, where or how a threat might occur was foolishness. Playing the "odds" of something happening, or having a false sense of security based on the neighborhood I live in is also foolishness.
The only question that matters is, If I find myself faced with a threat WILL I BE PREPARED TO DEAL WITH IT...OR NOT?

In response to THAT question I carry EVERYWHERE I am legally allowed, including at home, and yes, under a car on a creeper (which is an especially vulnerable place).

Last edited by Protected One; 04-05-2017 at 12:55 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: