View Single Post

Old 04-06-2017, 07:51 AM

Liked 41 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunGuy69 View Post
I once read an article that said most encounters happen during the day outside your home. Even knowing that, I still for some reason prepare for the at night home invasions. I think it's just natural because the things we charrish the most are at home, family and belongings. I'll try to make this short. One day I was doing car work at home, needed to go to the local parts store for some parts. I didn't have my gun on because I was under the car on a creeper. I figured a quick trip to the parts store would be okay, after all I had my edc knife on me, and all fairly capable of handling myself. Once I arrived at the parts store there was a very heated argument going on inside that made the hairs stand up on my neck. The manager was doing a horrible job of deescolating the situation by ignoring the two guys that where yelling, all the more making them upset. I decided it was a good idea to remove myself from the situation and left. That's the only time I have ever left my home not armed. It was a lesson well learned. Bad things happen when your least expect them, because most of us never expect it. I'm a little on the, as wife says, perinoid side,I prefer to think of it as prepared. If you're legally licensed, carry everyday everywhere that allows. Just my two cents...
How do you suppose this might have ended differently if you had been carrying? Would having your gun meant that you might have attempted to assist in defusing that situation?