View Single Post

Old 04-07-2017, 08:26 AM

Liked 41 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunGuy69 View Post
It wouldn't have ended differently, I still would have left the situation alone, no one was yelling at me. It was a situation where I would have felt better if I was armed just in case I was engaged into something I wanted no part of. My best weapon is my brain not my gun. My gun just gives me a personal feeling of comfort when I'm out in the world for some odd reason. Maybe I've just become use to having it on me. Funny thing is when I was first issued didn't carry for the first 6 months. After I started I became use to it like putting on my shoes. I'm not completely dressed until I have my sidearm, knife, flashlight. I'm not John Rambo just a normal guy living in a really screwed up world. I highly suggest to anyone that has a license to carry to make sure you know what you're getting into if you ever have to use your sidearm. The way laws are now days you better be able to prove that your life was very much in danger before you pull that handle. Just my useless 2 cents, hope it answered your question.
You did answer, and I'm glad it was honest and not the more humorous answer that you put in your follow up post.

I guess I was looking for you to answer as you did, if only to reinforce into this thread that avoiding confrontation is always the best defense, whether you are armed or not. We are in agreement.