View Single Post

Old 04-07-2017, 10:58 AM

Liked 66 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomea View Post
I don't understand the relationship between national reciprocity and a Utah license. Would appreciate an explanation from anyone who does.

Been thinking on this. Maybe dlombard means if there were national reciprocity, and he had a Utah non-resident permit, then California, his state of residence, would have to recognize his Utah permit, even if California continued to refuse to issue him a permit...
California has counties where you can obtain a permit without having to supply proof that your life is currently in danger (i.e., an active death threat in a restraining order), but Los Angeles isn't one of them. The one way you are going to CCW permit from the LAPD here is either being well connected/wealthy, active-duty/reserve/retired LEO or you've got a court order against someone who's either tried to kill you or has made credible threats as such. If national reciprocity becomes a thing, then you don't have to be warned you might be killed by someone specific in order to exercise your 2nd amendment rights to carry all the time.

I DON'T know of anyone trying to kill me now, and I hope I never do. That doesn't mean I can't/won't be the victim of a crime. I HAVE been mugged before and I was pretty much convinced from the moment they got the drop on me I was going to die that night. I'm never letting myself be caught off guard so badly like that ever again. That was stupid on my part and I'm thankful that 12 years later, I've been able to avoid a situation like that so far. But if I ever had to deal with someone trying to come after me with a weapon, and I'm unarmed and/or outnumbered, then what?

Most people living in L.A. county are on their own.