View Single Post

Old 04-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 25 Classic, 325-13 or Ruger .45/.45 Colt? Which to get?

Need your help and input please. I am wanting to get a Henry All Weather (Chrome) .45 Colt and a companion gun... Would use at the range, and possibly for hog and hiking or trips. In looking at this site and tons of pictures I fell in love with the S&W 625 Mountain Gun in 45 Colt.... only to learn they are no longer made.

So I could get a new 25 Classic, looks beautiful but does not seem real handy with the 6.5 inch barrel. I just saw a used S&W 25-13 (hope I am saying that right) at a local gs. Looks nice and clean but I have never bought a used gun and would worry I am not seeing something wrong with it. Plus it is $999 so hundred or so MORE than a new 25. Or I could get the Ruger Redhawk .45 colt/ .45 acp. Just wondering if I am overlooking any options or what you all think. Thanks in advance for your help.

As an aside- I am mainly a semi auto shooter, but first ever gun was a 586 back around 1991 or so... Just wanting something that makes bigger holes and is fun and versatile. Thanks!