View Single Post

Old 04-07-2017, 03:45 PM

Liked 8,135 Times in 3,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Who?

No, the bill did not pass today, which is why you haven't seen an effective date.

That chicken's only a third of the way hatched so far.

And quoting from an article in The State, "After a perfunctory House final vote on Thursday, the bill will head for the Senate, where it is expected to fail, so it won’t become law."

This isn't the first time I've heard people say that they haven't seen a whole lot of people open carrying in Texas since it became legal again. It's kinda strange. It only took Texas about 125 years to get open carry back. I remember all the ballyhoo and protests and marches advocating open carry. And now hardly anyone open carries. Go figure.
Texas has that backhanded open carry. You can only open carry IF you have a concealed carry permit....well if you have a concealed carry permit, you don't need to open carry....I think that's why you aren't seeing a lot of open carry ....the law has a big string attached to it....sorta makes it useless.
Polititans know how to fool you...they'll do it every time....vote them out next election.

Last edited by gwpercle; 04-07-2017 at 03:48 PM.