View Single Post

Old 04-07-2017, 08:13 PM

Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Default No serial no#

Guys, I really appreciate all the input and the help.
Let me point out that I just saw the gun for the first time yesterday. I had no idea nor did my 89 year old father that the serial number was punched out. As a responsible gun owner I pointed out to my father that the missing no# could be trouble but since I have no experience with older guns I didn't know if that applied to a 90 year old piece. As I said, there are other identifying marks on the gun. This piece will never leave the house. I must admit I do worry about applying for a new serial No# as neither my father or I have any idea when or who made the numbers disappear. I try to make it a habit to not stick my hand in a bear trap. That being said my grandfather (who died when I was 2)was a tough son a gun from Denmark who traveled the world hunting and carousing.( you should see his scrapbook) At one point He was a Capt. in the Siamese Army who taught the troops how to headbutt a man. Whether or not he had this revolver at the time I don't know, but I'd like to think he did and what a story this thing could tell.
I'm going to clean it up and put it in the safe and maybe occasionally take it out and imagine where it's been.
Thanks to all of you for your help. It's been a pleasure.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: