View Single Post

Old 04-08-2017, 10:14 AM

Liked 42 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsig View Post
Assuming the Shield was sold to you as new, someone at S&W has some 'splainin to do. Even if you like your Shield and plan to keep it, you should share these photos with customer service. They might do a goodwill thing and send you a free magazine or two to atone for having sold you such an ugly slide.
Good idea!!! I've already contacted them but no response due to it being the weekend. Their customer service has always been excellent. I'd rather not take advantage of their generosity but if SW choose to compensate for this oversight, who am I to turn it down...but I'm also not going to abuse them as I think abusing the best warranty and customer service in the business will affect its future dealings with other customers.

I'm getting ready for the range and putting at least 100-200 rds through this shield to test function but so far with dry-firing, it's feeling amazing. If anyone saw my posts on my previous Shield, they know how much I hated that pistol. Very difficult to get an accurate shot due to the extremely heavy trigger pull and I'm not about to spend $100+ on a Apex kit to fix what should have been a non-issue...****** trigger.
The trigger was so bad that after a couple dozen pull or so, my index finger fatigued, even sore.

Although for a $450 pistol, it shouldn't have this kind of cosmetic flaws but the ultimate test will be later at the range today.

BTW, I've already taken 50 seconds to submit my Shield $75 rebate. Will report back after my range session. Hopefully every thing goes well.

Thanks to those that replied...much appreciate your assistance.
The Following User Likes This Post: