View Single Post

Old 04-08-2017, 06:55 PM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

This is great news to hear, sort of. I have been wanting Federal to come out with 38spl and more so 357mag HST rounds. I would love to be able to buy just the bullets too for making my own.

However, this "micro" gimmick will not get my dollars. If they would have made a normal 38spl+P round, I may be interested. This could be baby steps though with a regular round to follow, and hopefully a 357mag round which is what I'm really after.

I wouldn't use their 380 HST round to guess what other calibers will perform like. The use of 380 for defense doesn't make sense to me when much better options are available without sacrificing anything. To each their own though.

Everyone just loves Speer and they do have a good track record, but when I tested Gold Dots vs. HSTs in 9mm+P, the HST won hands down. The GDs were actually rather disappointing with sporadic expansion, while the HST never failed to fully expand. This was 6 years ago, so maybe GDs have gotten better. Given the choice though, I will take HST every time.

So until they get a regular revolver round on the market, I will stick with my 140gr XTP load for 357mag, and Hydra-Shok +P in 38spl.
The Following User Likes This Post: