View Single Post

Old 04-08-2017, 08:25 PM

Liked 17,059 Times in 5,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoBango View Post
After much anticipation, I picked up my new 41 today. Bought from Hinterland Outfitters and shipped to my FFL.

I was totally bummed when I checked it out and noticed some decent nicks / blems on the slide, frame and grips. The second mag was loose in the box and it must have been rubbing on the gun during shipping? Is that normal for smith and wesson? Seems insane to see to ship a beautiful gun with a loose metal mag in the box. Ugh...

So I get it home and notice that one of the mags is tight going in and when you hit the eject button it is stuck and you have to pull it out. What gives? Totally disappointed right now.

Hinterland is closed, but I sent them some pictures. Not sure if they will just tell me to take it up with S&W though.

So I need to know from you all, does S&W ship the second mag from the factory loose like this (loose in box, not in wrapper or bag etc..) or is that Hinterlands fault for poor packaging? Thank you!
It should have been shipped in a blue plastic clam shell case with a foam insert to cushion both the gun and the extra magazine.