View Single Post

Old 04-08-2017, 09:27 PM
US Veteran

Liked 33,839 Times in 5,284 Posts

I have this .44 Special. It makes no sense. I like it.

I have this Beretta .32 which really makes no sense, because you can get the same size gun as a .380 that holds one more round. Hell, even the .380 doesn't make much sense, because there are plenty of 9mms and .45s that are the same size. But I like it.

I often carry this 100 year old Colt .32 Pocket Hammerless, which definitely makes no sense. I really really like it.

I also carry this old Colt Detective Special, which many would say is sensible, but I load it with these old 200 grain factory loads, which no one thinks is sensible. Yep, I like 'em.

OK, even I can't make a case for this one. But, well you know...........

I could go on and on, but I guess my basic point is that some people are Deadly Serious Guncarriers, and I am not. I used to be - I spent 33 years arresting people. But now I carry because I want to, and that means I carry what I want.

I don't care about getting the most number of foot pounds of energy per ounce of gun weight. I'm not worried about having dozens of rounds available. I never carry a reload.

I may be the only one, but I suspect there may be others who carry what they like (including .44 Specials) because they like it, and would fare just fine in a shoot-em-up.

Last edited by sigp220.45; 04-08-2017 at 09:39 PM.
The Following 12 Users Like Post: