View Single Post

Old 04-10-2017, 09:46 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,519 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Maker Specific--Gaylord and Seventrees

Charles “Chic” Gaylord and Paris Theodore (Seventrees Holsters) were both holster makers in New York City in the 1960s and 1970s.
Gaylord’s designs were taken over by “Lefty” Lewis of Bell Charter Oak holsters; Seventrees design rigs are now made by Ken L. Null.

Some of these holsters are unmarked but are Gaylord rigs as best I can determine, partly based on stitching recognition by “Red” Nichols as explained in another thread on the Forum.

Though not marked, this appears to be a Gaylord Treasury Thunderbolt.
An interesting feature is the leather piece situated in the bottom portion of the belt loop.
This slightly forces the bottom of the holster away from the body while slightly forcing the upper part of the gun into the body.
This prevents the gun from “hanging” or flopping away from the body at the uppermost part.

This is another Gaylord rig; I believe it’s a model of the Federal Speed Scabbard for K-frame guns.

A Gaylord Defender inside the waistband holster for the Government Model .45. This has a faint Gaylord stamp on the top.

Unusual Seventrees marked paddle style rig for a revolver; probably designed as a Small Of Back holster.

Seventrees Model RSS for J-frame. This was made by Ken Null; he told me he used this stamp until 1975 when he moved to Georgia where he now operates.