View Single Post

Old 04-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post

Was he bad at guns? Who the hell knows. He was terrified, and by the time he tried to clear whatever his stoppage was, he was already shot-up. I don't know about you guys, but I've never tried to clear a stoppage with a gunshot wound or two and three guys shooting at me inside a convenience store.

Until he gets killed, he keeps at least trying to fight. In that respect, he did better than most.

Did he make the right decision? Who knows what he was dealing with. For all we know, the Bad Guys just told him and his son to head into the back office. And we all know how that story ends. This could be the least-bad of a terrible set of options.

Lessons? Miserable ones. Simple is better--point and squeeze is good. And there are fights you cannot win.
I agree.

According to the news station article/video, he and his son were being pistol whipped with no way to get away. If that happened to me and one of my kids, I'd believe it was a fight or die moment.

In the video, I don't see any way to tell if he had one in the chamber or not. I noticed the "not chambered" commentary from the original link on Concealed Nation was taken down. The gas station owner may have done absolutely everything right, but had a pistol malfunction at bad breath range with no where to go.

No great wisdom on my part, but just because you're in the right, and do everything right, doesn't mean you may not get shot and killed if you're in a gun fight. Especially three against one.
The Following User Likes This Post: