Thread: Shockwave!
View Single Post

Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM

Liked 201 Times in 50 Posts
Default rem 870

I needed one 20 some years ago, big bear gun in Alaska.
This was my answer. I bought a brand new Remington 870 express, filed a form 1 with ATF (long before the B and the E letters), when that came back I chucked her up and cut her off.....remounted the sight, took a huge buffing wheel and polished off the damn rough metal (I think it was bead blasted and I hated it) sent it to Arizona response systems and had it metacol finished. I have drug it all over Alaska slung over my back whilst fishing. It still looks new, that finish is tough and super weather resistant. The barrel is 11 3/4" and the entire gun is 24". It is a handful and like the Thunder Ranch video preaches: keep it away from your face! I put a 3" mag in it once just to see how hard it kicked............pushed all the way out and with both arms braced and ready for it, it bounced my right thumb off my nose. Yeah once was way more than enough. I call it my "crowd pleaser" The deal on the Mossy is great, I have way more that that in this one with the tax stamp and the custom finish and it is forever a SBS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0005.jpg (131.9 KB, 2072 views)
The Following 10 Users Like Post: