View Single Post

Old 04-11-2017, 08:50 PM

Liked 1,711 Times in 520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4barrel View Post
What happened to the lead on the one on the right? It has a straight jacket. It looks like they have been very hot at one time. Where is the lead? I would like to see photos of the primers. I am just along for the ride.
The lead insert for the cartridge on the right was never found and believe me I looked for it because I was as baffled as everyone else. When I collected this stuff from my friend's garage the boxed ammo was carried home in cardboard boxes and the loose ammo was just dumped in a canvas bag for sorting when I got home. When I started finding these misshapened bullets I started looking for the led slug that was missing - never did find it.

The primers look fine; flat and normal with reddish waterproofing ring in the primer annulus.

I kept a few examples because I figured I'd never get the cartridges I sent Winchester back. I've tried to remove the lead slug from the jacket using finger pressure only (twisting, pulling and trying to "bend" the lead out of the jacket) but it is stuck tight.
The Following User Likes This Post: