View Single Post

Old 04-13-2017, 11:16 AM

Liked 744 Times in 420 Posts

When the Bass Pro first opened up here, their firearms prices were pretty good, but I noticed their guns from all mfr's had minor blems. When I questioned them about it, they admitted they bought blems, & passed the savings on to the customer.
That being said, this is why I ALWAYS say to buy the gun from he local guy, so if you don't like the way it looks, you can say "can you please get another one from the back room". It happens where I work, & it's no big deal to go to the stockroom to get another one.
This is one reason we will not accept transfers from another dealer. If you want a gun we do not carry [only possible if the mfr is out of stock] we will be glad to order it, & if you don't like it, we will return it. But we stopped doing incoming transfers for this exact reason. The problem is between you, & the person you sent the $ to. And you will not touch the gun until the transfer fee is paid. So we do not do that anymore. Buy from your LGS inventory, & do a thorough inspection before leaving the store. Once you walk out the door, it's between you, & the MFR. This is clearly stated on our bill of sale, in triplicate. GARY
The Following User Likes This Post: