View Single Post

Old 04-13-2017, 02:53 PM

Liked 597 Times in 332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
There is very little that one can tell about over pressure in handgun ammo. Kinda like reading tea leaves, Usually the only tell is a major failure!!. You can not read primers. Some revolvers perhaps hard extraction but in a semi, not so much.

Even though you may not be using Accurate powder they tested the same bullet and see what there COL is.

Flat nose or similar HP bullets are going to be shorter than a typical longer nose 9mm bullet, The pointy end of those bullets will fit the barrel better than a short fat profile.
I don't see the Berry's THP bullet on the Western Powder web data but the Berry's 200gr FP and HP is same profile I believe ......and it is listed at 1.205 OAL
So I am at 1.114. I don't know the correlation of pressure increase due to this so it is not worth taking the chance. Thanks for making me think it again I might get lucky with one or two or three and the fourth or fifth might be the end of luck...........and luck with reloading isn't an area I wish to chance

Heck, I think I will just pull the 50 rounds I made up and break them back down and load them up for my revolver at the 1.205. At least now I fully understand the situation that created the problem and it is of no fault of S&W or Berry's but a responsibility of the reloader to understand and it was a 'first' for me to deal with and I take it as a good lesson and one that will make me more aware with any load on a new gun.

And I know nothing about reading Tea leaves? LOL
Karl