View Single Post

Old 04-13-2017, 03:57 PM

Liked 3,352 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJelly View Post
A pistol with an empty chamber is still loaded if there are rounds in the magazine.

If a man (not a police officer) has come to the conclusion that he is in immediate danger everywhere he goes, and needs 24-7 nano-second access to a chambered round, I'm inclined to believe that man is dangerously out of touch with reality.
As a former agency force on force Simmunitions instructor (now retired) I can testify to the fact that in a reactive shooting scenario, every split second counts when it comes to winning a gun battle. Cycling a slide to chamber a round is a needless and hazardous waste of time and effort that requires the use of fine motor skills.

Situational awareness plays a big role in evaluating and avoiding a threat, and everyone has to decide how they wish to carry, but real-life lessons (not just training) have repeatedly shown that in close quarters gun battles, split seconds count in bringing a firearm to bear against a lethal threat. I'm not giving a predator any advantage, if I can help it. Some might think I'm "...dangerously out of touch with reality." I simply call it "common sense."
The Following User Likes This Post: