Thread: Shockwave!
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2017, 07:20 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee's Landing Billy View Post
The 3 guns we got here are Asylum Armorys and the paperwork predates the Mossberg paperwork by almost 6 months. This is probably why the Shockers were so late shipping, waiting on their bona fides.
This whole thing about the shipping times for the Shockwave has me baffled.

I'd placed a special order for one on January 28 with an LGS. When I bought the one at the gun show, I went to the LGS on Monday and cancelled my order. Got my deposit back, of course. The guy behind the counter talked with their buyer who said they expect them to arrive "any day now". Yeah, well, whatever. I didn't mention that I'd got one somewhere else, just cancelled my order.

But the things are all over the Internet, in stock here and there. And LGSs in the area have them in stock now...but not the LGS I ordered mine from. They still haven't received any. Mine came from a gun shop in a little town about a hundred miles from here.

And here's another thing. When I ordered mine, the out the door price was going to be $449 with tax and all, okay? Now this shop has upped the before-tax price to an astounding $599! Yes, you read that right...five hundred ninety-nine smackeroos, before any of the guns have even arrived. Now, to the best of my knowledge, Hell hasn't frozen over...nor has there been the slightest drop in temperature down there. But that'd have to happen before I'd pony up over six bills for a Shockwave, I guarandamntee you.

Oh...and before I forget:

I'd like to send out a big Thank You to fellow North Carolinian and forum member, Jim1392. He's the one who told me about the gun shop in the other town that had Shockwaves in stock. I called them and they told me they'd be set up at the gun show here last weekend and that they'd have some at the show. I got the last one. Guy told me they were flying out the shop's doors like they had wings. Said they sell so fast, they can't even keep track of their inventory...they have to go in the back and physically check to make sure they have any. So if it weren't for Jim1392, I'd probably still be waiting on mine...and paying a bunch more for it.

The Following 3 Users Like Post: