Thread: Sheer Panic
View Single Post

Old 04-14-2017, 02:16 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1945 View Post
You, as a 'civilian, cannot carry in a PD.
Yes I can, have and do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy2525 View Post
Handgunlaw.us says it's illegal in Florida to carry into a police station. Ditto where I live.

Is that not so where you are?
Nope. Not illegal here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
IN A POLICE STATION ??
This right here is why I asked.

wingriderz answered, very politely thank you, that it's the law in Fl and that was what I was curious about. I admit that I was vague in my questioning so, I apologize to you all for that. What I was looking for, and received, was the FUD that it's completely unthinkable to carry concealed into a police station.

While I'm sure there are several states or municipalities that have laws or ordinances against such (and I would follow those laws), it is not a universal sin to carry into a police station. Neither is the phrase "it's illegal to carry into a federal building" completely correct. That's a discussion for a different thread.

wingriderz, you handled the situation correctly. I also appreciate your coming here to tell us. It's a good reminder that it's easy to become complacent with our firearms. Especially when we carry regularly. Thank you for telling us and I'm glad it turned out to be nothing. We are all better for hearing it.