View Single Post

Old 04-14-2017, 05:34 PM

Liked 260 Times in 124 Posts

Not sure looking for any one brand is necessary as I have a couple different brands that work well for me, whats important is measuring inside length and width of pocket to make sure 1)enough room for gun and 2)enough room for your hand to grab and remove gun.

Many will poopoo the wisdom of using cargo pockets for handgun concealment, I've been doing it for years without incident. I also practice drawing (unloaded, of course) from cargo pockets frequently to make sure its not a totally foreign and unfamiliar process if someday necessary. I also wear IWB and OWB, just depends on circumstances, weather, etc. so I look at cargo pocket carry as just one more viable carry option.

Will lastly mention a product called "Holster Patch", found at Product that I sometimes find less bulky for cargo pocket carry than pocket holsters. YMMV. Its got an iron on backing but I've had my seamstress sew it into the pocket as the edges otherwise tend to come undone after several washings. It allows a pretty quick draw but also a pretty secure retention if proper size is purchased. Only use it for carrying DA trigger guns as think that carrying SA with round in chamber without holster is inviting an AD. Again, just my $0.02, YMMV.