Thread: 945 pc
View Single Post

Old 04-14-2017, 10:39 PM

Liked 616 Times in 296 Posts

Sevens I have the 945-1 and purchased it in 2002 NIB. Lots of ammo through that one over the years and it still appears factory fresh.

Since this thread started I went through all my replacement springs to check them against the springs currently in the 945.

The spring in the 945 was shorter than a new one from the same batch so I decided to go ahead and replace it with a new one. I think that this is spring number three for my gun.

As I mentioned earlier Midway sells a spring for all the S&W .45 and 10mm guns. This spring is about seven and a half inches long and the original springs were about six and three eights inches long for the standard weight.

It is a substantially stronger spring. It feels to be about eighteen pounds by comparison to a #16 1911 spring.

I placed this longer spring into the 945 without issue, as a test, and have no doubt it will run well with this spring as I use this in a 745.

The only problem I have with both the 745 and 945 is a FTE if I switch from light target loads to full power loads without cleaning the chamber. Carbon build up from the light loads causes full power load casing to sometimes stick in the chamber.

I usually shoot only light loads from the 945 and heavy loads in the 745 but occasionally will shoot a few heavy loads and get a FTE.

I just thought it was a good idea to pass this information along so if a FTE occurs there may be a simple explanation as to the cause especially for those of us who reload.

Bruce

Last edited by Bruce51; 04-15-2017 at 02:22 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: