View Single Post

Old 04-14-2017, 10:57 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts

I shot Competition Skeet with a Belgium Browning Superlight. It was a fantastic O/U. I left that sport burnt out on continuous competition. I still wanted to keep my hand in so started looking for a 20ga. O/U to casually shoot Sporting Clays. I found the Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I Sporting Clays with a 30" length barrel and of course Multi-chokes. It was love at first shot. I shot that O/U for 10 years for Sporting Clays, Crazy Clays, Skeet, Trap and then horrors.....hunting Mt. Quail and Chucker. It did it all. I paid right at $2k for it and when I knew my hunting days were over I sold it for a little more than I paid. Such a deal! The only game bird I shoot today is the Dove. I can stand there and on occasion take a shot at an incoming bird. I have a little Fox SxS in 20 ga. with fixed chokes that is ideal for that particular job. I bought that shotgun from an old friend who was "done done" with hunting game birds. The first time I loaded it and stood there waiting for incoming Dove, I saw three birds coming in. I doubled right then and there. That was when I decided to sell the Beretta. While I really liked the Belgian Brownings I had owned, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any Beretta product for serious competition use.....or any other use one wanted to put it to. ............Those Italians can build a pretty nice shotgun. ....
The Following 5 Users Like Post: